This document provides an overview of the responsibility, leading and supporting task, experience, knowledge, personal traits & skills of the Project Engineer. It concerns a competent, innovative and responsible engineer, with a strong focus on leading technical delivery to support business requirements.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for the design, development, testing and technical support for the mechanical systems for milking equipment.
Responsible and accountable for maintaining current product support for both in field issues and production line by working across multiple functions of the business and suppliers.
The Mechanical Design Engineer proactively initiates, executes, develops and evaluates in good cooperation with relevant employees, peers and direct manager in a timely manner the following tasks:
Leading (Expert Function)
- Own and manage resolution of product issues including obsolescence, with a drive to improve reliability, performance and cost optimisation.
- Analyse issues to achieve robust root cause.
- Create CAD models in Inventor and co-ordinate the design with other parties including external development partners and suppliers.
- Lead prototyping, in-house testing, field testing, compliance testing.
- Liaise and provide technical direction to other departments including Field Support Centre, Operations and Purchasing.
- Ensure all solutions are designed for manufacture.
- Prepare and execute validation plans for design solutions.
- Prepare Engineering change documentation.
- Actively participate in R&D projects, closely work with R&D colleagues in different locations.
Personal Traits & Skills
- High Performance attitude & drive; not wanting to be average in terms of personal development.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Equipped with effective and professional communication, interpersonal & listening skills.
- Positive attitude radiating energy and drive to accomplish marketing goals.
- Be a team player whom is willing and able to support team members in a collaborative way.
- Self-starter. Able to work independently, using initiative preferably without supervision.
- Proactive and creative with an industrious work ethic.
- Exceptional attention to detail as proof checking is an important requirement.
- Capable of working to deadlines while ensuring high quality of results delivered; stress resistant.
- An understanding of Microsoft Office and communication technologies such as Mail Chimp.
- Excellent standard of written and verbal English.
Background & Experience
- A proven track record as mechanical design engineer
- Competent in 3D solid modelling and drawing generation, preferably in Inventor
- Experience working with automation and/or robotic systems
- Good problem-solving skills
- Issue management experience
- Willingness to visit farms for testing and validation
- Possess current driving license
- Basic electrical/electronic knowledge
- Machinery directive compliance experience
- The willingness to travel on occasion, including travel abroad
- Experience or affinity with dairy farming is preferred
- A Degree/HND in Mechanical Engineering
Specific remarks concerning the job of the Mechanical Design Engineer are:
- Work on site
- Travel on occasion.
What We Offer
- A permanent fulltime position
- An exciting role in an interesting innovative area, with a growing international company
- The possibility to develop yourself in an organisation with a flat structure and entrepreneurial attitude
- 37.5 weekly working hours
- Compensation package to suit
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme
- Fullwood Packo employee discount offers